Discerning of Spirits
To another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretations of tongues. (11) But all these work by the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as He will (1 Cor. 12:10-11).
Overview– Discerning of spirits is a gift of the spirit to perceive what is of the Spirit. It sees the spiritual nature of that which is being unveiled. It is a gift that often accompanies the ministry of the watchmen, healing and delieverance ministry, intercession, power evangelism and much more.
Purpose – Our desire is to lay a strong Biblical foundation for believers to perceive correctly and move with divine discernment with wisdom and understanding, the things of God. The times require that the eyes of the body be unveiled and restored to the body of Christ with 20/20 vision. Please note: Although this is given in 8 sessions, we can reduce it to 4 or 5 sessions. The following are some areas we will cover:
Session 1- The Grace to See
· The Seers Anointing
· Biblical accounts of this gift
· It’s role in the Church today
· The key to seeing with Christ perception
· Eliminating false discernment
We want to take the time to hear from the participants and how they “see” into the spiritual realms. The purpose is to build faith by openly sharing how they operate in this gift. A white board is used to list the various ways in which this gift operates.
Session 2- Cultivating Discernment
· Friends of God
· The love that never fails
· Ministering with the Father’s heart
· Cataracts that block true vision
· The prayer of Jesus – John 17:29-26
We end this session with a demonstration of how “love never fails” followed by an impartation of the Father’s Heart and His love that releases true discernment.
Session 3- It’s Role in the Watchmen Ministry
· Watchmen, what do you see? Hab. 2:1
· The four types of Watchmen – God’s secret agents
· Knowing the times – the sons of Issachar
· Watchmen, take your stand upon the wall
· Cultivating relationships based on trust
· Reaction or response & the ministry of intercession
For an exercise we will listen to an instrumental to “see” what the Lord will say to us and write the revelation on a white board to glean the heart of God (Ephesians 1:17-18)
Session 4- It’s Role in Prophetic Ministry
· Receiving a word of knowledge
· Navigating through the prophetic process
· Discerning spiritual gifts and talents
· The ministry of impartation and activation
· Interpreting prophecy, visions and dreams
· Discerning the Lord’s presence – be led by the Spirit
This session includes an activation exercise that engages the participants to “see” by the Spirit to obtain a prophetic word for one another and the ministry of impartation.
Session 5- It’s role in Healing and Delieverance
· Seeing as a word of knowledge
· The ministry of “highlighting”
· Discerning and dealing with root issues
· Avoiding needless engagements
· The power of the cross – It is finished!
· Render a blessing – release His glory
In this session, we will demonstrate how “Christ in you the hope of glory” is ever present to minister in power to open prison doors and set the captives free. This is followed by the group engaging in “rending a blessing” to one another.
Session 6- Discerning and Breaking Spiritual Strongholds
· The spirit of witchcraft
· The spirit of Jezebel
· The religious spirit
· Strongholds of the soul
· The political spirit
· The need for cleansing prayer
We will end this session to break strongholds by releasing God’s glory that opens prison doors to set the captives free. Many today are suffering from past issues, the effects of trauma and unhealed wounds and witchcraft.
Session 7 – Wisdom and Warnings
· Pitfalls to avoid
· Overreacting versus response
· Prophesying the enemies schemes
· Sanctify the gift – use and abuses
· Ministering with a corporate anointing
· Testing the spirits
· A note to pastors and leaders
This would be a great time to have quiet worship in the background, to minster and prophesy to one another. A short guideline for prophetic ministry will be given. This would also be a great time for us to learn to “discern” together how God is moving in our midst in the atmosphere of worship. As a School of the Holy Spirit, we are in training for reigning.
Session 8 – Putting It All Together
· A short review
· Q & A time.
A great way to end this seminar is to take time for worship and praise, and in the atmosphere of God’s presence, put all the training together. This is a fun time to be led by the Spirit and move in the atmosphere of a corporate anointing for intercession, healing and delieverance, prophetic ministry and more.