The Gift of Prophecy
For you may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted (1 Cor. 14:31).
Overview– The apostle Peter declared on the day of Pentecost that in the last days, God would pour out His Spirit with the result of prophecy, visions and dreams. Jesus said that His sheep hear His voice and they follow Him. Now is the time for the body of Christ to begin functioning prophetically to know His voice to follow Him, and to build up the church and win the lost for Christ.
Purpose – This seminar offers a balanced Biblical encouragement and instruction to hear from God for one another. The times require that we become equipped to minister prophetically with wisdom and integrity. The following are some areas we cover:
Session 1- Laying the Foundation
· Created for intimacy and fellowship
· Understanding the heart of the Father
· Love never fails – 1 Cor. chapter 13
· The Prayer of Jesus – John 17:26
· The Spirit of Wisdom and Revelation Eph. 1:17
The participation is in two parts. The first is to impart the Father’s love. The second session is to wait on the Lord to hear from heaven to bring out the different ways in which God speaks, as well as how God speaks through His body – the church.
Session 2- The Basics of Prophecy
· The Gifts of the Holy Spirit – 1 Cor. 12:7-11
· The purpose of prophesy 1 Cor. 13:3
· Who may prophesy – 1Cor. 14:31
· Jesus said to A.S.K. Luke 11:9
· Navigating through the prophetic process
· Testing prophecy – the wisdom from above
We will offer a demonstration by prophesying and then encourage the group to wait on the Lord for a prophetic word for one another. This is a real faith building exercise that builds confidence.
Session 3- How God Speaks Part 1
· Levels of prophetic revelation
· Jesus – the Word of God John 1:1
· His voice is spiritually discerned -1 Cor. 2:10-16
· Prophetic impressions – Our thoughts, inner visions and feelings
· Prophetic impressions – The inner voice, His audible voice
This session includes activation exercises that engage the participants with the Holy Spirit along with Eph. 1:17. We will also include a time of sharing that promotes faith.
Session 4- How God Speaks Part 2
· Through a pun
· Through parables
· Through highlighting
· Through memory recall
· Through familiar associations
· Through natural circumstances
In this session, we will have volunteers come up front to receive a prophetic word from the group, as well as break up in groups to minister to one another.
Session 5- How God Speaks Part 3
· Spiritual sight
· Discerning of Spirits
· Through the five senses
· Through cultural language
· Recognizing sympathy pains
· Wisdom and warnings
We will end this session with an activation exercise that we call “Rotation” as well as to answer questions.